Review: Forever Black (Forever Black #1) by Sandi Lynn

Goodreads blurb:

When Ellery moved to New York with her boyfriend, she thought they’d live happily ever after in their small New York apartment. She never thought he’d pack his bags and leave because he “needed space.” With her newfound single status and fear of being alone, Ellery buries herself in her artwork and paintings until one night she helps a mysterious intoxicated stranger get home safely. Little did she know the mysterious stranger is none other than CEO and millionaire Connor Black. After finding Ellery in his kitchen the next morning and assuming she broke his #1 rule about sleepovers, he becomes intrigued, not only by her stubbornness and defiance, but by her kindness.

Connor Black, emotionally dead and damaged, that stemmed from a personal tragedy, made a vow to never love or fall in love with a woman, until Ellery Lane walked into his life by accident. After she opens up and shows him her world, Connor starts to feel emotions and feelings he never knew existed. Despite the rumors and warnings regarding Connor Black and his use and misuse of women, Ellery finds herself being drawn into his world.

Ellery knows they can never be together because she is harboring a deep secret that could destroy Connor emotionally forever.

Join Connor and Ellery as they embark on a journey of courage, love and strength. Will it be enough to save them?


Forever Black is the first book by Sandi Lynn. She had a fantastic start!

The story of Elle and Connor was never supposed to be easy but Sandi went even further and put in the way of both of them a problem that could not be solved, even with all the money in the world. A problem that we can’t avoid, run away from or simply ignore. A problem that can keep them apart forever.

Elle and Connor meet in the simplest way possible, she is in the right place at the right time. When I think about destiny I think about the fact that a simple action that you do every day someday when you least expect it can make you meet the love of your life and there you were thinking that nothing especial was going to happen because every day you did the same thing.

“Elle that is not a good idea, you don’t know whom you’re dealing with here.”
I put my hand up “I know what I’m doing, and he needs help.”

Elle already felt more pain in her life than someone with her age was supposed to, but that didn’t make her sad or selfish, quite the opposite. She works, paints and still makes time to help other people. After her boyfriend of four years left her she focused on painting. Elle is used to her life never being good for a long period of time and her worst nightmare just decided to let her know that he is still there to torment her.

Connor is rich, sexy, a manwhore and has a reputation of being cruel. He likes his life how it is now, he doesn't want to be emotionally involved with anyone. Loves is definitely not on his plans, at least until Elle enters his life and messes with all his plans.

“Listen buddy, I don’t know what you think happened last night, but you didn't fuck me; I would never give you the pleasure; trust me.”

Elle helps Connor when he can’t take care of himself, and the next morning he doesn't remember anything and asks himself what that stranger was doing in his kitchen. What started with just helping another person becomes something much stronger. They became friends and Connor never had a friend that was a girl.

“Give me some time; this friendship thing is new to me. You need to understand that I've never been just friends with a woman before.”

Elle shows him many things that are completely new to him, simple things like eating a pizza without a fork and knife or how is amazing to eat an ice cream, things that he never did or didn't do since he was a kid. She shows him that is possible to help without expecting something in return and she doesn't treat him differently just because he is a billionaire. With her he is simply Connor not the big CEO Connor Black.

“How long has it been since you ate ice cream?” I asked.
He looked at me puzzled, “I don't know. I guess since I was a kid.”
“Are you kidding me, you haven't had ice cream since you were a kid?”
“No, is that a problem?”
“No, I'm just surprised.”

Elle and Connor give in to the passion, but Elle knows that it is wrong because her intentions never were to hurt Connor, she just wanted to enjoy being in love because she thought that that would never happen.

They complete each other, but they never stop to disagree with each other. They are so stubborn that dealing with them is a challenge.

“Because at some point you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life and this is my way of keeping you in my heart.”

They both are keeping secrets, Connor's is the first to be revealed. His secret is not a easy thing to talk about but he trusts her and tells her. Elle wants to tell him her secret but she is waiting for the right time because she knows that when she tells him everything will change but unfortunately someone comes first and tells her secret.

“I could never understand my purpose in this world. I have had nothing but pain and loss my whole life. But now I know why god saved me the first time. It was so I could find you.”

Connor doesn't react well to her secret and I just wanted to tell “She needs you you idiot! Don’t fucking judge her!”. Just like Elle thought, things between them change but now she has something that she didn't have before. Someone that makes her want to live.

Her journey is not easy and when that starts to affect the people she loves she can’t stand it. She decides to try one last thing before she can really be with the love of her life.

“Infinity is forever, and that is what you are to me, you are my forever Mr. Black.”

There is so much to say about this book, if I was to write really everything that I want to say this would have a bunch of spoilers or better yet I would tell the whole book! I was on a rollercoaster of emotions. This book made me question so many things. I have so many questions in my head that I really don’t have a answer for, and I hope that I will never have because that would mean that I was in a similar situation as Elle.

The last pages of the book were the most hard to read, I just wanted to know what was going to happen, there was so much suspense that when the epilogue finally came I could finally breathe properly again. I cried, I laughed and I was angry at everything!

I will definitely read the next books of the series because this is one of my favorite books. And I will be looking for more books by Sandi. Really really recommend reading Forever Black, it has great characters and an amazing story.



Buy the book: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Find Sandi: Goodreads | Website | Facebook | Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment