Review: Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine #1) by Shay Savage

Goodreads blurb:

As the captain of a schooner catering to the elite on the Caribbean Seas, Sebastian Stark does his best to avoid any human encounters. Interacting with people isn't his thing, and he prefers the company of a bottle of vodka, a shot glass, and maybe a whore. There's no doubt he's hiding from a checkered past, but he does well keeping everything to himself…

…until the night his schooner capsizes, and he’s stuck on a life raft with one of the passengers.

Raine's young, she's cute, and Bastian would probably be into her if he wasn't suffering from alcohol withdrawal. As the days pass, DTs, starvation, and dehydration become the norm. Even the most closed person starts to open up when he thinks he's going to die, but when she realizes their traumatic pasts are connected, it's no longer the elements that have Bastian concerned.

He has no idea how he’s going to Survive Raine.

I heard about this book one day before it was out. After I read the blurb I got so excited because it was so different from what I been reading. It was then that I saw that it wasn't out yet and that is the story of the worst day of my life (kidding).

So this book is about Bastian and Raine. Bastian is a really moody bastard, he yells a lot and his sarcasm is as big as the moon. He is a alcoholic and a man whore, but in the end, oh my God he is so cute. I wanted to hug him so bad, he just needs to be loved.

Bastian was abandoned by his mother when he was very little, he was on a bunch of foster homes, juvenile detention and all that led to a really messed up life.

He owns a ship and that ship capsizes, Bastian ends up stuck on a life raft with Raine.

Raine is really shy and very very sweet, the complete opposite to Bastian and that is what makes them perfect for each other. Bastian needs someone sweet, kind and especially someone who can love him because he never really had that and he doesn't believe that he will ever do.

The story is told completely from Bastian's POV. I never had read a book in just the hero's POV, but damn, this was a nice first.

Oh, I almost forgot, Bastian is HOT. He is tall, muscular. Overall he is just big! Yup, in those places too, I know that you were thinking about it. Let's just say that on top of that he is a very horny guy. You know those times when you don't have anything to do and you get really bored, well Raine could never say that she was bored.

Let's talk about the end now. I almost died in the end, I already knew that there was not a cliffhanger but I was scared anyway. And the epilogue, oh how I wanted to kill someone! Make it all nice so Bastian and Raine could be happy without anyone getting in the way.

There will be a sequel that there's not much information about but I will definitely read it. I am already preparing to read another book by Shay, she is just awesome! I am in love with male POVs.

Without any doubt you should read Surviving Raine, you will love Bastian, I promise.




Buy the book: Amazon 
Find Shay: Goodreads | Website | Facebook | Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment